Terms and Conditions
for Online Shop and Ticket Sales
Welcome to the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead Online Shop website terms
and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply tothe use of this website
at tickets.windsor.gov.uk and set out
the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions,
warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law. By accessing
this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise stated "We", "RBWM" and "us"
refer to The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council and "You",
"Your" and "Customer" refer to the person purchasing
as a consumer.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or
not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these
terms, do not use this website.
The tickets.windsor.gov.uk website is
managed by the tourism department of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Our contact details are as follows:
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, York House, Sheet Street, Windsor, Berks,
Royal Windsor Information Centre, Old Booking Hall, Windsor Royal Shopping, Thames
Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1PJ.
Terms and conditions 1 to 16 inclusive cover orders for all types of goods; terms
and conditions 17 refer specifically to event and attraction ticket sales.
- You will be able to access most areas of this Website without registering your details
with us. Certain areas of this Website are only open to you if you register.
- We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You
should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and
conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and
conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located
on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms
and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
- ORDERING FROM US
- You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process.
As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your
order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing
the products you have ordered.
- By completing and submitting the electronic order form you are making an offer to
purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Please
note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance
of your order.
- Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. We will send
you a despatch confirmation by email. When we despatch the order, we will be confirming
our acceptance of your order, even if your payment has been processed immediately,
unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled
your order. All products that you order through the Website will remain the property
of RBWM until we have received payment in full from you for those products.
- We may refuse to accept an order: (a) where goods are not available; (b) where we
cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (c) if there has been a pricing or
product description error; or (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set
out in our terms and conditions.
- All methods of payment are processed immediately.
- All prices are in sterling pounds and include VAT (where applicable) at the current
rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall
show VAT separately and include it in the total price.
- Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant
charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown
elsewhere on this Website. Packing and carriage are charged for separately. Please
refer to the
Delivery Processpage for details of timings and fees for postal and electronic
- Our prices are reviewed periodically.
- DELIVERY PROCESS
All items are sent by Royal Mail. Please refer to the
Delivery Process page for details of delivery schedules and prices.
- CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY
- If you wish to cancel your order: (a) you can notify us by email to Windsor.firstname.lastname@example.org
before we have dispatched the goods to you; or (b) where goods have already been
dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with clause 5.2 below.
- You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason for a full refund or
exchange. The goods must be returned to us within 28 days of purchase. The costs
of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.
- Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a full refund of the amount paid or an
exchange credit as required.
- The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 5.3 will not apply
in the following circumstances: - The goods have been damaged by you or are not
in their original state. Tickets for events and attractions are non-refundable (see
section 17 below) The provisions of this clause 5.4 do not affect your statutory
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own
use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on this Website
are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from
accompanying text; and (c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this
permission notice appear in all copies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in
all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical
images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions,
any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with clause 6.1 above
for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and
conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you
must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- Subject to clause 6.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any
other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or
service without our prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- SERVICE ACCESS
- While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a
day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any
time or for any period.
- Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case
of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under
Data Protection, any material you transmit or post to this Website will be considered
non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations with respect to
such material. We and our nominees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate
and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things
embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic,
abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory,
blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance
or inconvenience; (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or
approvals; (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered
a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the
law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country
in the world; or (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation,
computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted
data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting
or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in
breach of clauses 8.2 or 8.3.
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience.
If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these
third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites
or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations
about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from
using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this
Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that
you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to
the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the
size or appearance of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead logos; (b) you
do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
(c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other
than our own; (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present
any other false information about us; (e) you do not otherwise use any Royal Borough
of Windsor & Maidenhead trade marks displayed on this Website without our express
written permission; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you;
and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or
controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any
other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in this clause 9.2 for
breach of these terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.
- You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies
may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of clause 9.2.
- To register with the tickets.windsor.gov.uk online shop, you must be over eighteen
years of age.
- Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your
user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if you
know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion
or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we
do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We
may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices
described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be
out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- The material on this Website is provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties
or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law,
we provides you with this Website on the basis that we excludes all representations,
warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions
implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable
care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation
to this Website.
- We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining
or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors,
employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility
for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party
(including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss
or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money,
or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption,
and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise)
in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability
to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website
or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due
to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property
on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading
of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i)
death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair
Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental
matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable
- If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair
or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors,
employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages,
losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the
terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other
person using your registration details.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- All contracts of sale shall be conducted in English. These terms and conditions
shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising
in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or
available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the Website
from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this
Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and
you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these
terms and conditions
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent
jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the
validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and
- Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under the
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We will not be liable to you for any breach of the Contract or where there is any
delay in performing our obligations due to any cause that is beyond our reasonable
control. Without limitation, examples of causes beyond our reasonable control include
explosions, floods, tempests, fires or accidents; wars or threats of war, sabotage,
insurrection, civil disturbance; any new laws or regulations that are introduced;
any trade embargo; strikes or other industrial action; difficulties in obtaining
materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery; power failure or breakdown in machinery.
- DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE
RBWM uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and
other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of
this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will
not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to
ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the
Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer
or other device. Except where required by applicable law, we shall not be liable
to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other
malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
- THE ROYAL WINDSOR INFORMATION CENTRE (RWIC) TICKET BOOKING TERMS
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless
the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly
changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of headline
act (concerts only), venue, show time or if an attractions is closed unexpectedly
for any reason).
- In the event of the cancellation of an event by the organiser/promoter
(i.e. a cancellation due to circumstances beyond RWIC control), RWIC will only refund
the face value of the ticket. RWIC will use best endeavors to contact purchasers
either by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided by the purchaser
at the time of ordering) and advise them to return the tickets. Please note, however,
it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at
the scheduled date, time and venue, and RWIC cannot guarantee that they will inform
the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue. For returns please
contact Royal Windsor Information Centre, Old Booking Hall, Windsor Royal Shopping,
Thames Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1PJ Email: Windsor.email@example.com Telephone:
+44 (0)1753 743900 We advise the use of secure mail when returning tickets as RWIC
will not take responsibility for lost or undelivered tickets. On receipt, RWIC will
refund the customer the face value of the tickets using the same method as used
to purchase them.
- If an event is moved from its advertised venue and/or the date is changed, tickets
already purchased may remain valid should the customer wish to attend the revised
event. If not, RWIC will refund the face value of the tickets only when the ticket
holder requests and returns the tickets before the event has occurred. RWIC will
notify all purchasers by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided
at the time of ordering) to advise on the validity of the tickets and the procedure
for obtaining a refund. Refund requests will usually be accepted up until 1 week
prior to the revised event, or 3 days after notification of the change (whichever
is the later) unless otherwise notified. In the event of a change at short notice
(within 1 week of the event) RWIC will notify purchasers of the conditions that
apply, and offer a refund if these are not agreeable. Please note, however, it is
the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled
date, time and venue, and RWIC cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer
of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
- If RWIC is unable to fulfill an order for any of the reasons below the customer
will be entitled to a full refund, including any booking fee charged:
- RWIC do not receive the tickets for your order from the event organiser or attraction,
and cannot arrange for the tickets to be collected
- RWIC dispatch your order to the wrong address and cannot provide replacement tickets
- RWIC do not dispatch your order and do not arrange for the tickets to be available
- RWIC dispatch the wrong order, i.e. wrong event / wrong type of tickets
- Any other similar circumstances where RWIC has acted with negligence or where we
may have acted in breach of contract
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace lost or stolen tickets.
- Customers are advised to check their purchase upon receipt.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform RWIC of any change of address,
contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the goods.
Please note that our preferred method of contact for customers booking online is
by email, so care should be taken to provide a current, valid email address.
- The right to admission to an event or attraction is reserved by the promoter and
event venue or attraction, who may take health and safety, environmental and security
concerns into account at their reasonable discretion, and may from time to time
carry out security searches. RWIC would advise customers that no refunds will be
offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue or attraction
on account of late arrival, being (or appearing to be) under age*, declining to
be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including
smoking in no smoking areas), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances,
or making unauthorized audio, video or photographic recordings.
* Events and ticket types where an age restriction applies are clearly indicated
during the booking process. Please ensure that you read all the information that
applies to the event/ticket you are booking, and carry proof of age if appropriate.
- If it becomes impractical to post tickets out, due to the proximity of an event
or circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to make tickets available
for collection at the venue or attraction immediately prior to the event. Customers
will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the
time of ordering) if this becomes necessary.
- By ordering you agree that the tickets are for the personal use of you and your
party only, and will not be resold or transferred. Any resale or attempt to resell
the tickets at a price higher than purchased will result in your orders being cancelled
without prior notification.
- If tickets that are dispatched are returned to RWIC as "addressee unknown", we reserve
the right to cancel the order. - In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties,
you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we
can verify your purchase.
- On some ticket sales RWIC reserves the right to limit the amount of tickets available
to the individual booker. Tickets are purchased from the Royal Windsor Information
Centre, a unit of The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.